Friday, June 7, 2013

When you want to quit the stupid diet and workout!

I woke up this morning exhausted and starving not wanting to keep up with this lean-clean diet and would rather eat a massive bowl of my favorite cereal and stay in watching movies all day then eat oatmeal and do a crazy hard leg workout today. This is the end of the first week of the eat clean diet and I have been more cranky then ever trying to cut out all salt and sugar. (My weakness is salty chips and decadent desserts by the way, hence the recipe from yesterday). As I'm typing this right now, I am on meal 2 for the day which is cold lemon pepper salmon and 4oz of a dry sweet potato with cinnamon and stevia. Yes, I would much rather eat a freakin candy bar at this point! 

So if you think this is easy, it's not. It is changing habits and changing cravings you have had for a longgggg time. So you are going to be cranky and frustrated and when you are starving because your stomach is trying to shrink down to the PROPER serving sizes you find out you all of a sudden get road rage that you've never had before. (I feel this way lately). As I'm eating this, I also know in about 2 hours I have a ridiculous leg workout ahead of me that I need proper fuel and nutrition for. Do I want to do legs today when I'm tired and sugar deprived...NO! Do I want to follow up my crazy workout with protein powder and water? NO! At the same time, am I going to quit at how hard I've been working this week. Absolutely not!

I will guess that a lot of you feel this way when starting a new eating or exercise plan. All your thinking is "Oh my Gosh how many more days of this crap do I have to eat!? How many more days do I have to do this ridiculous workout and my body be this sore and achy!?" Well you can quit today if you want. You can stop all this healthy eating and exercise non-sense right now and eat what you want. However, that also means you can go back to being unhappy with the way you look, tired all the time, frustrated that your clothes don't fit anymore or you don't look the way you want in a bathing suit so you eat foods that aren't good for you to make yourself feel better temporarily. You can go back to looking at pictures and thinking "ugh I look so gross, my butt looks huge!" Yep, you can go back to your old routine and guess what no one will yell at you...no one will tell you I'm disappointed or say "see I knew you couldn't do it".....however, I bet you'll do it to yourself. I'll bet you'll be frustrated and still unhappy with how you look. Nobody else will care how hard you work or whether you stick with it...you know why? Because it's your body not theirs. It's your life not theirs.

Whether it's this clean eating, a new workout program, a new financial goal, a new job, whatever it is nobody else cares because they have their own life and own problems. So yes, close friends and family want you to be happy with who you are, but they're not the ones putting in the hard work...YOU ARE! I get it, trust me I DO! So ultimately it comes down to you....do you want to go back to your old routine and take it easy...if so that's fine and there's nothing wrong with that if you were happy with where you were at BUT if you're reading this and starting this program I'm going to bet that's not the case. If it's not, why not take the discomfort for a few weeks and see how much discipline you have for yourself and find out what kind of strength you have when strength is your only option because I can GUARANTEE when you step on that scale or take your AFTER picture in a few more weeks and you see the difference you made in your energy, weight, clothes, mindset, and you realize that YOU DID THAT....nobody else! YOU PUSHED YOURSELF AND WORKED HARD TO GET THOSE RESULTS....you'll want to keep going and then it isn't so hard to stick with it. 

So if you're like me having one of those days where you're thinking "THIS SUCKS!"....pull out your before picture and ask yourself...does it suck bad enough that I would be happier going back to that?! 

Stay motivated, stay strong, if you need support then I'm here...I'm doing all of this with you guys so lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment