Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Coffee Toffee Protein Shake!

Getty Images

There is nothing more satisfying (to me) then when I first wake up and tasting that first delicious sip of coffee as I sit down to my computer to begin writing. MMMMM! I recently tried out a new protein shake that really is great for any time of the day, but especially in the morning when you need the right combo of energy, protein, and deliciousness for a pre- or post- workout treat!

The ingredients you will need for this COFFEE TOFFEE PROTEIN SHAKE are the following:
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
1/2 cup Unsweet Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Instant Coffee (Or Iced Coffee)
A few drops of English Toffee Liquid Stevia (Can be bought at any health food store usually)
1/2 cup crushed Ice

Just mix all the ingredients in a blender or a magic bullet together and enjoy!

Here is the nutritional breakdown for this early morning treat!

115 Calories
0 Fat
0 Carbs
0 Sugar
25g Protein

P.S. if you want to make it even more amazing you could add in 1 tsp of Almond Butter and make it a little nutty! Or for a meal replacement you could add in some Old Fashioned Oats! I promise it's delicious and well worth a try!

Let me know what you think of this recipe and share on Facebook if you like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment