Sunday, June 30, 2013

Healthy Shredded Salsa Chicken!

After a while, grilled chicken/baked chicken/boiled chicken...it all gets old! I love to eat foods that taste delicious, but still have tons of health benefits. I have also been cutting out pre-made salad dressings and trying different things to create my own. This recipe is seriously an amazing dish that anyone will love. I have made this for my family and even they enjoyed it (I left out that it was healthy) :) It is super easy to make and taste soooo good on top of salads, brown rice, black beans, or scrambled with egg whites!!!

Here are the ingredients I used:
Package of Purdue Perfect Portion Chicken Breasts (Comes with 5 single serving pouches)
1 Jar Publix Medium Organic Salsa
1 can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 tbsp Corn Starch (to thicken up the sauce)
Mrs. Dash Southwest Salt Free Seasoning

Here is how simple it is....Take all of the ingredients and throw them in a crockpot together and cook on low for 4-6 hours. That's it! You can even buy frozen chicken breasts and cook it in there. How easy and amazing is that! I usually throw this all in there then just put it in tupper wear to add to my meals throughout the week.

Nutritional Breakdown (Makes 5 servings, this is for one serving)

Calories    200
Fat            2.8g
Carbs        14.3
Sugars       2.8
Protein      29.5

Here is a Southwest Salad I make with this Salsa Chicken
2 Cups Baby Spinach
1/2 cup raw mushrooms
Sprinkle on Red Onions
1/2 cup Salsa Chicken
1/4 of hass avocado
For Salad Dressing: 1 tbsp Fat Free Greek Yogurt and 2 tbsp Organic Salsa Stir together and Pour on Top

MMMM I'm seriously hooked on this salsa chicken! Try it out and let me know how you like it or share on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment